Ear Cleaning for Dogs & Cats
Why Ear Cleaning is necessary?
- Bacteria and Yeasts love to replicate in moist and warm environment in the ear canal. It can lead to Otitis(ear infection) in dogs.
- Pets should have their ears checked up every week or fortnightly and post baths or swimming sessions.
- In Floppy eared dogs, it is always advised to clean ears regularly irrespective of the issue as they are more prone to infection.
- In Cats, if you notice wax, dirt or other debris, then it is probably a time for cleaning. Periodic cleanings and regular home examinations will allow you to detect ear issues early, allowing timelier treatments.
Things to watch for an issue with ear :
- Walking in circles
- Bleeding of the Ear Canal
- Whining and whimpering while scratching ears
- Consistent Head Shaking and Head tilts
- Building up of earwax
- Smelly Odour in the ear
- Crusts or scabs on inside of the outer ear
- Scratching of the ear or area around the ear